Sunday, January 29, 2012

Plumb Center - Haggling them down to Screwfix prices

I went to screwfix this week to buy a Honeywell Central Heating Programmer. They had it in their catalogue for a good price (a similar price they sell to trade) - £75. Unfortunately it was not in stock and I needed it immediately because the plumber was working at my house. Normally I am very happy to wait for screwfix's very reliable next day delivery.

Anyhow, since it was not in stock I went to the local Plumb Center. Their price was MUCH higher even before VAT. With VAT it was about £20 more. When I said I had just seen it in Screwfix for £75 including VAT they were able to match the price very easily.

So, if you want to shop at Plumb Center, check the Screwfix catalogue first and haggle them down on the price.

However, my next post is going to be a warning about why you might not want to EVER shop at Plumb Center - I certainly wont go there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment